PROGRAM ECOLOGICAL ADVENTURE IN MANU PARK 5 DAYS / 4 NIGHTS
In this tour we travel through the mountains to enter Elfin forest and cloud forest, where we do some walks to observe several species of birds, orchids and maybe monkeys. After spending the night in our private lodge (Rainforest Lodge) we continue 5h by boat to Bonanza Ecological Reserve lodge deep in the jungle, we visiting hot springs on the way. Then we will continue down river by boat to Bonanza Ecological Reserve; where we will later walk in the afternoon and enjoy the beautiful Observation Tower up in the canopy, giving you the advantage to see macaws, toucans, and tanagers. In the evening we do a night-walk to observe spiders (Tarantulas), insects, Frogs and Snakes.
The following day we explore the primary rainforest (untouched) with a chance to see many monkey species, birds like parrots and an unbelievable variability of plants like giant trees, palms and medical plants. We sleep in a Camouflaged house where you will enjoy seeing the finest wildlife behavior such as tapir, deer, monkeys and many small rodents in the Mammals Clay Lick, as tapirs and others animals eat salt mud during the night. On day four we go by boat up river to a beautiful lake to see Capybara and many bird species; spending the night in one of our private Lodges. On the last day we return to Cusco by boat and bus.
DAY 1: CUSCO - RAINFOREST LODGE.- We leave from Cusco by our private bus, driving through the mountains, to get to the typical folkloric town of Paucartambo. Here we take a short walk around the town before carrying on to Ajanacu, the entrance to the Cultural Zone of Manu Park. From there we continue enjoying since the mountain grass land, elfin forest, cloud forest where will walk for severals hours to visit a complex courtship behavior, performing impressive lek displays of Cock of the Rock national bird of Peru (Rupicola peruviana), quetzal, monkeys and orchids. We will arrive at our private Rainforest Lodge in the evening where we will stay for the night.
DAY 2: RAINFOREST LODGE - BONANZA ECOLOGICAL RESERVE- CAMOUFLAGED HOUSE.- After breakfast we will continue by private bus to Atalaya. On the way we will stop to observe a coca plantation, we will also stop at a view point where you can get a good overview of the jungle and river. From Atalaya we leave on a motorized boat to Aguas Calientes, where you can where you can bath in the natural hot springs. During the boat trip we will see many different kinds of animals, especial birds, and beautiful landscapes. We will continue downriver to Bonanza Ecological Reserve. where later in the afternoon we will go on a walk and enjoy the beautiful Observation Tower up in the canopy, giving you the advantage to see macaws, toucans, and tanagers. Later we will take a night walk in the jungle to look for spiders, snakes and lot tree frogs. We will spend the night in our beautiful, comfortable lodge.
DAY 3: BONANZA ECOLOGICAL RESERVE - CAMOUFLAGED HOUSE (Mammal’s clay lick).- This day we explore the jungle on our vast trail system, carrying a small day pack including snaks. On the way we will see many different kinds of animals such as monkeys, collared peccaries and birds such as eagles, parrots and toucans, medicinal plants, and giant trees. In the afternoon we walk to the mammal’s clay lick where you will enjoy seeing the amazing wildlife behavior from animals such as tapirs, deers, monkeys and many small rodents in the Clay Lick, as Tapirs and others animals will be eating salt mud during the night. We stay there the whole night taking shifts to watch for nocturnal animals.
DAY 4: CAMOUFLAGED HOUSE - SALVACION LAKE - RAINFOREST LODGE.- In the morning we walk back to the lodge from deep in the jungle via a different trail, where we will delve into the forest once again to explore more, giving us many chances to spot a great variety of birds, monkeys, and exotic plants. Arriving to the lodge, you will have some time to relax and have a big breakfast. After breakfast we drive up river, by boat to Salvacion Lake. Here we will walk through the jungle to visit the lake. We will take a balsa raft; this will give us the opportunity to observe more wildlife, such as Capybaras, Caimans, Hoatzing and many other birds. We will then return to our boat and carry on up river to Atalaya Port. Here we will take our private bus to Rainforest Lodge where we will spend our last night.
DAY 5: RAINFOREST LODGE – CUSCO.- We will get up early and drive by car to enjoy the lush Cloud Forest, getting the chance to see more wildlife. We will then arrive in Cusco in the early afternoon.
• Tour Includes
• Private Transportation (bus and boat)
• All necessary equipment (chair, Mosquito nets, tables, mattress, rubber boots, rain poncho)
• We lend you a duffel bag for your personal belongings on tour
• Professional bilingual local guide (well-equipped with guiding gear)
• Mineral water
• First aid including Antivenomous for snake bites
• 3 meals per day; included vegetarian, vegan, pescatarian options
• Midmorning daily snacks (biscuits, candy, fresh fruit, juice)
• Professional Cook
• Entrance to Cock of the Rock (Lek)
• Entrance to Rainforest Lodge (private Lodge)
• Entrance to the hot springs
• Entrance to Camouflage House (Mammals Clay Lick)
• Entrance to Bonanza Ecological Reserve (Private Lodge)
• Entrance fee to Manu National Park
• And much more.
• What you need to take: VERY IMPORTANT.
• Light sleeping bag or light blanket
• Repellent with a minimum of 25% DEET
• Camera with spare batteries for many days
• Powerful long-range flashlights with extra batteries.
• Macro lenses. 10 - 65mm
• Long distance Lens 150mm - 400mm or 600mm
• Lens extensión of 1.4x or 2x
• Waterproof case, bags to protect your electronics and valuables
• Sun lotion, Pocket money, day pack, wáter bottle
• Battery charger for your electronic devices
• Sandals (try to bring with strap), extra toilette paper
• General dark clothing (camouflage to see the wildlife) long sleeves shirts and t-shirts, long pants, lightweight, shorts, short sleeves t-shirts, waterproof jackets Sun hat, bath linen clothes, small towel, Thick long socks, trekking shoes.
• All your personal hygiene needs
• A bit of money for staff tips (Usually expected on the tour)
• Not included the last dinner